Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Meet Marrakech!



This morning I was greeted by another handsome Renoir colt. His dam, Mara (sired by Aladinn Echo out of AF Anticipation, a Gamaar daughter), had already cleaned (dropped her placenta), and was nuzzling the foal, which was already dry and folded comfortably on the stall floor. Like his sire, he is chestnut in color, and he has a prominent star and two rear socks. I telephone Ian, who was breakfasting in the house, and asked him to bring the Tetanus booster. We also cuddled the young fellow and swabbed his bellybutton with disinfectant.

We’ve named him Marrakech because his coat color reminds us of a Moroccan spice.

Proud mama Mara gently calls to him and brushes his butt with her nose as he nurses.
















Older brother Madrid is doing well and enjoys his afternoons in the outdoor paddock with mommy Elly.















Our two apple trees are in full bloom and I thought I’d better snap some pics before they’re all gone. Enjoy!

E-I-E-I-O

No comments: