Wednesday, January 10, 2007

He's baaaaaaack!

After 15 days on the road, Ian’s back home and none the worse for wear! Lady and I met him at the airport around eight last night. He came bearing gifts too! The highlights included pure butter shortbread cookies, our favorite mint shower gel from Boots (a pharmacy in the UK), a bottle of Chanel No. 5, (my favorite – and I was out) and a bottle of my favorite Champagne, Verve Clicquot Ponsardin, which came in its own orange neoprene bottle jacket to keep it cold! All that aside, the best thing Ian could ever bring home to me is himself, as he did, safe and sound.

While Ian spent a good portion of his day flying transatlantic I made fresh bread and corn beef with cabbage, potatoes, carrots and onions, which we sampled when we got home. Neighbor Donna donated two pieces of homemade peach crumble for our dessert.

Now Ian is here as a permanent legal alien. This status is good for life. Even if we decide to relocate abroad again, all he needs to do to keep this status intact is to travel to the U.S. once a year.

We’ll see what fun these next weeks have in store as we settle into what’s “normal” for us and as we get ready to attend (and show at) the 52nd Annual Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show in Arizona February 16-25.

E-I-E-I-O

No comments: