Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Hello from Managua

This is our last full day in Managua. My father's 81st birthday was yesterday. We had a good time together at his house. During this trip I met another brother, Agustin (junior/hijo), who is a doctor. We also visited with the brothers I have already met - Elmer, Cristian, Miguel - plus Elmer's son Miguelito, who we met when we all went to Granada during the last trip here. My brother Miguel and his wife Ruth have a 2 year old charmer named Michele. She is quite friendly and was very curious to meet her "tia (aunt) Janetita" .

This trip we also visited the north of Nicaragua and the part of the family that runs the various coffee plantations. We were given a huge bag of ground coffee and a smaller bag of coffee beans. Naturally, I have taken tons of photos.

Ian and I arrive in Minneapolis tomorrow afternoon and are counting the days until Alexandra and Peter arrive (July 3) for their summer weeks with us!

All's well. More from Minneapolis.

No comments: